The FIFA World Cup 2022 is just over a month away. It’s time to take a deep look into Belgium’s Potential Squad for the World Cup 2022.
Belgium finished third place in the 2018 World Cup. It seems that Belgium’s golden generation of Eden Hazard, Kevin De Bruyne, Romelu Lukaku, Thibaut Courtois, and Jan Vertonghen are running out of time. However, they will get one last shot at the most coveted prize of the sport in November in Qatar.
Belgium will play their World Cup opener against Canada on 23rd November before facing Morocco and Croatia in Group F. Roberto Martinez will call a 26-man squad for the World Cup 2022. But who will travel to Qatar alongside De Bruyne and Courtois?
Belgium Potential Squad
- Thibaut Courtois – Real Madrid
- Simon Mignolet – Club Brugge
- Koen Casteels – Wolfsburg
- Toby Alderweireld – Antwerp
- Arthur Theat – Rennes
- Zeno Debast – Anderlecht
- Jan Vertonghen – Anderlecht
- Thomas Meunier – Dortmund
- Timothy Castagne – Leicester City
- Brandon Mechele – Club Brugge
- Dedryck Boyota – Club Brugge
- Jason Denayer – Shabab Al Ahli
- Wout Faes – Leicester City
- Thomas Foket – Reims
- Axel Witsel – Atletico Madrid
- Kevin De Bruyne – Manchester City
- Youri Tielemans – Leicester City
- Yannick Carrasco – Atletico Madrid
- Leandro Trossard – Brighton
- Amadou Onana – Everton
- Leander Dendoncker – Aston Villa
- Hans Vanaken – Club Brugge
- Alexis Saelemaekers – AC Milan
- Thorgan Hazard – Dortmund
- Dennis Praet – Leicester City
- Adnan Januzaj – Sevilla
- Lois Openda – Lens
- Eden Hazard – Real Madrid
- Dries Mertens – Galatasaray
- Charles De Ketelaere – AC Milan
- Michy Batshuayi – Fenerbahçe
- Dodi Lukebakio – Hertha
- Romelu Lukaku – Inter
5 Best Belgium Players in World Cup 2022
Here we look into the top 5 Belgian players in the Belgium Potential Squad who could make a huge impact in the World Cup 2022 in Qatar.
#1 Kevin De Bruyne
Kevin De Bruyne can be the most significant player for almost any team he plays for. The Manchester City star will be the engine of the Belgium team in the FIFA World Cup.
The 31-year-old attacking midfielder is the most threatening player for his killer passes. De Bruyne has 9 assists in 10 games in the Premier League this season, and also scored a goal.
#2 Romelu Lukaku
You need someone who is physically strong up front and puts the balls into the nets. We are giving you the beastly Romelu Lukaku.
The former Inter player, who is currently on loan to Inter from Chelsea, is the go-to striker for Roberto Martinez.
Lukaku has scored a goal and an assist in 3 three matches for Inter in the Serie A this season.
#3 Leandro Trossard
Leandro Trossard has the potential and forms to hugely impact the World Cup 2022 for Belgium. The Brighton forward is in excellent touch.
He has scored 5 goals and an assist in 9 matches in the Premier League this season, including a hat-trick against Liverpool.
#4 Eden Hazard
You cannot ignore someone having the caliber of Eden Hazard. The Real Madrid forward may have been out of favor with his club, all he needs is a big stage like the World Cup to spark up.
The 31-year-old is gearing up at the right time, though. So far, he has scored a goal and an assist in 2 matches for Real Madrid in the Champions League.
#5 Thibaut Courtois
We have the big man at the back, Thibaut Courtois. The Real Madrid shot-stopper can be a wall on his day. He could make a huge impact in the World Cup 2022 for his nation.
Courtois hopes to be the first goalkeeper to win back-to-back Golden Gloves awards in the World Cup this year.
How to Watch FIFA World Cup in Belgium