Only a month to go for the FIFA World Cup 2022, underway on 20th November in Qatar. It’s time to take a deep look into the Canada Potential Squad for the World Cup 2022.
The world will welcome Canada on the sport’s biggest stage for the first time since 1986. It’s worth mentioning that Alphonso Davies and co have qualified for the World Cup from the CONCACAF region topping against the USA, Mexico, and Costa Rica. They look all set to be the dark horse of the tournament.
However, a daunting task awaits Canada as they will face the 2018 runners-up Croatia, world no. 2 Belgium, and the African powerhouse Morocco in Group F.
Canada boss John Herdman will call a 26-man squad for the World Cup 2022. But who will travel to Qatar alongside Alphonso Davies?
Canada Potential Squad
- Milan Borjan – Red Star Belgrade
- Maxime Crepeau – Los Angeles FC
- Dayne St. Claire – Minnesota United
- Alphonso Davies – Bayern Munich
- Steven Vitoria – Chaves
- Sam Adekugbe – Hatayspor
- Richie Laryea – Toronto FC
- Alistair Johnston – CF Montreal
- Kamal Miller – CF Montreal
- Derek Cornelius – Panetolikos
- Scott Kennedy – Jahn Regensburg
- Doneil Henry – Toronto FC
- Cristian Guiterrez – Vancouver Whitecaps
- Samuel Piette – CF Montreal
- Mark-Anthony Kaye – Toronto FC
- Stephen Eustáquio – Porto
- Ismael Kone – CF Montreal
- Atiba Hutchinson – Besiktas
- Liam Fraser – Deinze
- Jonathan Osorio – Toronto FC
- Tajon Buchanan – Club Brugge
- Cyle Larin – Club Brugge
- Junior Hoilett – Reading
- Jonathan David – Lille
- Lucas Cavallini – Vancouver Whitecaps
- Liam Millar – Basel
- Theo Corbeanu – Blackpool
- Ike Ugbo – Troyes
5 Best Canada Players in World Cup 2022
Here we look into the top 5 Canadian players in the Canada Potential Squad who could make a huge impact in the World Cup 2022 in Qatar.
#1 Alphonso Davies
The Bayern Munich wing-back Alphonso Davies is one of the best in the world in his position. Davies is a key player for the Bavarians and is expected to be the same for Canada in the World Cup 2022.
The 21-year-old is the future of the team and could be a proven star in Qatar.
#2 Jonathan David
Much of the goal-scoring responsibility will be on Jonathan David. The 22-year-old Lille forward is a star in the making and has been in magnificent touch this season.
He has already scored 9 goals and 2 assists in 11 matches for Lille in the Ligue 1 this season so far.
#3 Cyle Larin
The Club Brugge winger Cyle Larin would accompany David in the Canada frontline in the Qatar World Cup. The 27-year-old’s combination with David could be crucial for the side.
#4 Jonathan Osorio
The Toronto FC midfielder Jonathan Osorio is currently out due to an abdominal injury. He is expected to return in early November and jet off to Qatar.
Osorio is a crucial player for the MLS club and has scored 9 goals and 4 assists in 23 matches. He could play a major part for Canada in the World Cup 2022.
#5 Stephen Eustaquio
Stephen Eustaquio is another crucial midfielder and could be a star for Canada. The 25-year-old Porto CM has scored a goal and provided 3 assists in 8 matches in Liga Portugal this season so far.