It’s almost time to welcome the FIFA World Cup 2022, which kicks off on 20th November in Qatar. In this episode, World Cup Coverage looks deeply into the Costa Rica Potential Squad for World Cup 2022.
Los Ticos made a Cinderella run in the 2014 World Cup. They fell just short on penalties against the Netherlands in the quarter-finals. However, their journey ended in the Group Stage in the 2018 World Cup.
Keylor Navas and co will face another daunting task in the Group Stage this year against Spain, Germany, and Japan.
Costa Rica will play the opening match of the World Cup 2022 against Spain on 23rd November before facing Japan and Germany in Group E.
Costa Rica boss Luis Suarez will call a 26-man squad for the World Cup 2022. But who will travel to Qatar alongside Keylor Navas and Bryan Ruiz?
Costa Rica Potential Squad
- Keylor Navas – Paris Saint-Germain
- Esteban Alvarado – Herediano
- Aaron Cruz – Deportivo Saprissa
- Leonel Moreira – Alajuelense
- Juan Pablo Vargas – Millonarios
- Keysher Fuller – Herediano
- Oscar Duarte – Al-Wehda
- Bryan Oviedo – Real Salt Lake
- Francisco Calvo – Konyaspor
- Kendall Watson – Deportivo Saprissa
- Carlos Martinez – San Carlos
- Ricardo Blanco – Saprissa
- Ronald Matarrita – Cincinnati
- Giancarlo Gonzalez – Alajuelense
- Carlos Mora – Alajuelense
- Celso Borges – Alajuelense
- Jewison Bennette – Sunderland
- Bryan Ruiz – Alajuelense
- Gerson Torres – Herediano
- Orlando Galo – Herediano
- Brandon Aguilera – AD Guanacasteca
- Yeltsin Tejeda – Herediano
- Anthony Contreras – Herediano
- Johan Venegas – Alajuelens
- Joel Campbell – Leon
- Jose Guillermo – Herediano
- Jonathan Moya – Anyang
5 Best Costa Rica Players in World Cup 2022
Here we look into the top 5 Costa Rican players in the Costa Rica Potential Squad who could make a huge impact in the World Cup 2022 in Qatar.
#1 Keylor Navas
The PSG shot-stopper Keylor Navas is the starting choice between the sticks for Luis Suarez. Los Ticos fans can rely on the experienced hands of the 35-year-old.
This could be the last World Cup for Keylor Navas and he is expected to show another magnificent display on the sport’s biggest stage.
#2 Bryan Ruiz
We have another veteran on our list who could play his last World Cup, Bryan Ruiz. The 37-year-old is currently playing for LD Alajuelense.
He has already scored 2 goals this season so far. Ruiz still has the fuel on his engine to be a key piece in the Costa Rica attack in November in Qatar.
#3 Joel Campbell
The Leon forward Joel Campbell is another crucial player for Costa Rica. Fingers crossed that the 30-year-old finds the back of the nets for Costa Rica in the Qatar World Cup.
#4 Johan Venegas
Johan Venegas could be the star in the offense for Costa Rica in the World Cup 2022. The 33-year-old is another experienced veteran who has scored 6 goals already for LD Alajuelense this season in the Primera Division.
#5 Bryan Oviedo
Bryan Oviedo is a solid wing-back who can contribute to the attacks and provide dangerous crosses into the box.
The Real Salt Lake defender has been in good touch this season. The 32-year-old has provided 2 assists in 6 matches in the MLS.