The FIFA World Cup 2022 is on the horizon with just over a month remaining. It’s time to take a deep look into the Denmark Potential Squad for World Cup 2022.
Kasper Hjulmand’s men have been in pretty good touch. They look all set to make a deep run in the Qatar World Cup in November. Denmark defeated France twice in the past few months in the Nations League, an opponent they will face in Group D in the World Cup.
Denmark will play the opening match of the World Cup 2022 against Tunisia on 22nd November before facing France and Australia in Group D. Kasper Hjulmand will call a 26-man squad for the World Cup 2022. But who will travel to Qatar alongside Christian Eriksen?
Denmark Potential Squad
- Kasper Schmeichel – Nice
- Oliver Christensen – Hertha BSC
- Frederik Ronnow – Union Berlin
- Joachim Andersen – Crystal Palace
- Victor Nelsson – Galatasaray
- Simon Kjaer – AC Milan
- Joakim Maehle – Atalanta
- Andreas Christensen – Barcelona
- Rasmus Kristensen – Leeds United
- Jens Larsen – Trabzonspor
- Alexander Bah – Benfica
- Jannik Vestergaard – Leicester City
- Nicolai Boilesen – Copenhagen
- Mads Bech Sorensen – Nice
- Jesper Lindstrom – Eintracht Frankfurt
- Casper Nielsen – Club Brugge
- Morten Hjulmand – Lecce
- Christian Norgaard – Brentford
- Jens Jonsson – AEK Athens
- Jens Stage – Werder Bremen
- Mathias Jensen – Brentford
- Thomas Delaney – Sevilla
- Christian Eriksen – Manchester United
- Philip Billing – Bournemouth
- Daniel Wass – Brondby
- Pierre-Emile Hojbjerg – Tottenham
- Martin Braithwaite – Denmark
- Andreas Skov Olsen – Club Brugge
- Kasper Dolberg – Sevilla
- Mikkel Damsgaard – Brentford
- Rasmus Hojlund – Atalanta
- Anders Dreyer – Midtjylland
- Andreas Cornellius – Copenhagen
- Yussuf Poulsen – RB Leipzig
5 Best Denmark Players in World Cup 2022
Here we look into the top 5 Danish players in the Denmark Potential Squad who could make a huge impact in the World Cup 2022 in Qatar.
#1 Andreas Skov Olsen
Andreas Skov Olsen has been in excellent touch and could be a star for Denmark in the World Cup 2022. The 22-year-old Club Brugge midfielder is a key piece in their magnificent run in the Champions League this season.
Olsen has scored 4 goals and provided 2 for Club Brugge in 11 matches in the league, and another goal and an assist in the Champions League.
#2 Martin Braithwaite
The goal-scoring responsibility will be on the Espanyol striker Martin Braithwaite. The former Barcelona striker has scored 2 goals and an assist in 4 matches for Espanyol in La Liga this season. He is expected to find the nets in Qatar as well.
#3 Pierre-Emile Hojbjerg
The 27-year-old Tottenham midfielder Hojbjerg could be a key player for Denmark in the Qatar World Cup. The holding midfielder has been excellent this season for the Spurs. He has scored 3 goals and an assist in the Premier League this season and another couple of assists in the Champions League.
#4 Christian Eriksen
Christian Eriksen was on the brink of hanging his boots following his cardiac arrest in the Euro 2020 (held in 2021).
However, he has recovered and has been a key player for Manchester United this season. This could be the last World Cup for the 30-year-old.
Eriksen looks all set to play a key role for his country in the World Cup. He has provided 2 assists in 8 games for Man Utd in the Premier League this season.
#5 Andreas Christensen
Andreas Christensen has become a regular starter for Barcelona since his summer signing. He has an immediate effect on the Barcelona backline with his solid performance.
However, the 25-year-old center-back has been out injured for a couple of weeks but is expected to return in October. He is sure to play an important part for Denmark in the FIFA World Cup 2022.
How to Watch FIFA World Cup in Denmark