The FIFA World Cup 2022 is on the horizon, underway on 20th November in Qatar. Here, World Cup Coverage takes a deep look into the Iran Potential Squad for the World Cup 2022.
Iran’s journey ended in the Group Stage four years ago following their 1-1 draw against Portugal in the final group-stage game.
Another daunting task awaits the “Shiran e Iran” as they will face the USA, England, and Wales in Group B in the World Cup 2022. However, they will fancy their chances following their opponents’ underwhelming form heading into the tournament.
Iran will play their World Cup opener against England on 21st November before facing Wales and the USA. The Iran boss Carlos Queiroz will call a 26-man squad for the World Cup 2022. Who would he pick?
Iran Potential Squad
- Alireza Beiranvand – Persepolis
- Amir Abedzadeh – Ponferradina
- Hossein Hosseini – Esteghlal
- Sadegh Moharrami – Dinamo Zagreb
- Ehsan Haji Safi – AEK Athens
- Shojae Khalilzadeh – Al Ahli
- Milad Mohammadi – AEK Aethens
- Morteza Pouraliganji – Persepolis
- Hossein Kanaanizadegan – Al Ahli
- Majid Hosseini – Kayserispor
- Omid Noorafkan – Sepahan
- Aref Gholami – Esteghlal
- Danial Esmaeilifar – Persepolis
- Farshad Faraji – Persepolis
- Saeid Ezatolahi – Vejle
- Vahid Amiri – Persepolis
- Saman Ghoddos – Brentford
- Milad Sarlak – Persepolis
- Ahmad Nourollahi – Shabab Al Ahli
- Omid Ebrahimi – Al Wakrah
- Amirhossein Hosseinzadeh – Charleroi
- Kamal Kamyabinia – Persepolis
- Zobeir Niknafs – Esteghlal
- Ali Karimi – Kayserispor
- Alireza Jahanbakhsh – Feyenoord
- Mehdi Taremi – Porto
- Karim Ansarifard – Omonia
- Mehdi Torabi – Persepolis
- Ali Gholizadeh – Charleroi
- Vahid Amiri – Persepolis
- Sardar Azmoun – Bayer Leverkusen
5 Best Iran Players in World Cup 2022
Here we look into the top 5 Iranian players in the Iran Potential Squad who could significantly impact the World Cup 2022 in Qatar.
#1 Mehdi Taremi
Mehdi Taremi is the most in-form striker of Iran heading into the World Cup. The FC Porto striker is expected to carry the momentum.
The 30-year-old has scored 5 goals and assisted 4 in 10 matches in Liga Portugal this season. He has also scored 2 goals and 2 assists in 3 matches in the Champions League.
#2 Alireza Jahanbakhsh
We have another magnificent attacking talent playing in Europe, Alireza Jahanbakhsh. The Feyenoord player has been a key winger for the club and is expected to do the same for his nation in the FIFA World Cup 2022.
Jahanbakhsh has provided 3 assists in 3 starts in the Eredivisie this season and a couple of goals in the Europa League so far.
#3 Karim Ansarifard
Eyes will also be on Karim Ansarifard to score goals for Iran in the upcoming Qatar World Cup. The 32-year-old Omonia Nicosia striker could shine in his last World Cup.
#4 Ahmad Nourollahi
Ahmad Nourollahi could be the key player in midfield for Iran in the World Cup. The 29-year-old Shabab Al Ahli player has been in good touch this season and is expected to carry the momentum in Qatar.
#5 Sadegh Moharrami
We are wrapping up with Sadegh Moharrami of Dinamo Zagreb. The 26-year-old right-back is solid in defense and excellent in going forward. S Moharrami can contribute to the offense with his dangerous crosses into the box.