Star Sports holds the official broadcasting rights for the ICC Cricket World in India. Reliance Jio users can easily watch the World Cup on JioTV and purchase a premium package on their Jio sim cards.
The JioTV app currently doesn’t have Star Sports channels. However, Jio users can easily purchase a package to watch the Cricket World Cup live.
On the other hand, Reliance Jio set-top box users can watch the live stream on Disney+ Hotstar on their smart TV.
Here is a detailed guide on watching the ICC Cricket World Cup on JioTV in India.
Watch ICC World Cup on JioTV
JioTV is a subscription-based live TV, movies, and sports streaming service based in India and owned by Reliance Jio. It is a home for over 1000 channels of live sports, TV shows, movies, news, and entertainment.
You can turn your TV into a smart one using the Reliance Jio set-top box. It comes with the JioTV+ app installed.
Star Sports holds the broadcasting rights to the ICC World Cup. Though the channel is unavailable on JioTV, Jio users can easily watch the Cricket World Cup on Disney+ Hotstar on JioTV.
Jio provides premium subscription plans to watch Disney+ Hotstar on Smart TV, Android, and iOS smartphones.
Steps to Watch the ICC Cricket World Cup on JioTV
- Step 1: To watch JioTV+ on your TV, purchase the Reliance Jio set-top box.
- Step 2: Buy a premium subscription package on your JioTV plan that provides Disney+ Hotstar.
- Step 3: Open Disney+ Hotstar.
- Step 4: Check out the Cricket World Cup broadcasting schedule.
- Step 5: Select the matches and watch live!
Watch the Cricket World Cup on Jio on Your Smartphone
Jio users can easily watch the Cricket World Cup on their smartphones via Disney+ Hotstar by purchasing a premium package Jio offers.
Jio offers a Disney+ Hotstar Premium ₹1499 plan. In this plan, users will get a 1-year Disney+ Hotstar Premium subscription, a complimentary Jio ₹719 plan, which provides Unlimited Voice/SMS, and 2 GB/day data for 84 days.
Follow this step-by-step guide to watch the ICC Cricket World Cup on your smartphone via Jio.
- If you are a Jio user, purchase the Disney+ Hotstar Premium Plan.
- Download the Disney+ Hotstar app from your app store.
- Log in with your Jio credentials.
- Select the matches you want to watch live.
- Sit back and start streaming.