It’s been four years since the ninth Rugby World Cup in Japan. The Rugby World Cup 2023 is on the horizon, all set to take place across eight venues in France from 8 Sep. to 28 Oct. in 2023 (local time).
Japan is the only Asian team qualified for the Rugby World Cup. Japan has played in every tournament since its inauguration in 1987.
The Asian side made it to the quarter-finals on their home soil four years ago. A talented Japanese side will look to go deeper this year.
Fans in Japan won’t miss a single action as the Rugby World Cup 2023 will be available live on J Sports, NTV, and NHK.
Here we have you covered with a detailed watching guide about how to watch the Rugby World Cup in Japan on TV and live stream online.
How to Watch the Rugby World Cup 2023 on TV in Japan
J Sports, Nippon TV (NTV), and NHK are the Rugby World Cup 2023 broadcasting partners in Japan.
J Sports will provide live coverage of all 48 matches, while NTV and NHK will broadcast selected matches.
- J Sports
If you are in Japan and planning to watch the Rugby World Cup matches live on TV, J Sports is your go-to channel. J Sports will broadcast all 48 matches live.
Fans in Japan can watch the entire Rugby World Cup 2023 live on J Sports. You can watch J Sports on your TV through your cable or satellite plan.
So, check out the Rugby World Cup fixtures and schedule, tune in, and enjoy!
NTV will broadcast 19 games live, including three of Japan’s Pool Stage matches, a quarter-final, a semi-final, and the final.
Here is NTV’s Rugby World Cup broadcasting schedule in Japan.
All times in Japan Time.
- Sunday, September 10th – England vs. Argentina (Marseille), 04:00
- Friday, September 15th – France vs. Uruguay (Lille), 04:00
- Saturday, September 16th – New Zealand vs. Namibia (Toulouse), 04:00
- Sunday, September 17th – South Africa vs. Romania (Bordeaux), 22:00
- Monday, September 18th – England vs. Japan (Nice), 04:00
- Saturday, September 23rd Argentina vs Samoa (Saint-Etienne), 00:45
- Sunday, September 24th – England vs. Chile (Lille), 00:45
- Monday, September 25th – Scotland vs. Tonga (Nice), 00:45
- Monday, September 25th – Wales vs. Australia (Lyon), 04:00
- Friday, September 29th – Japan vs. Samoa (Toulouse), 04:00
- Saturday, September 30th – New Zealand vs. Italy (Lyon), 04:00
- Saturday, September 30th – Argentina vs. Chile (Nantes), 22:00
- Monday, October 2nd – Australia vs. Portugal (Saint-Etienne), 00:45
- Sunday, October 7th – England vs. Samoa (Lille), 00:45
- Sunday, October 8th – Japan vs. Argentina (Nantes); 20:00
- Quarter-final and semi-final broadcast cards will be decided after the pool stage.
- Sunday, October 29th – Final (Saint-Denis); 04:00
NHK will broadcast 15 matches live, including two of Japan’s Pool Stage matches – Japan vs. Chile and Japan vs. England.
So, check out the broadcasting schedule and enjoy the Rugby World Cup on NHK in Japan.
How to Live Stream the Rugby World Cup in Japan
- J Sports Website
Fans can enjoy the Rugby World Cup live stream on J Sports Website in Japan. Log in with your smartphone and enjoy the matches live.
Japan’s Rugby World Cup Schedule 2023
In this year’s Rugby World Cup, Japan will play in Pool D against England, Argentina, Samoa, and Chile.
Here are the dates and times in Japan Time (GMT+9).
Japan vs. Chile
- Sunday, 10 September, 8:00 pm
- Stade de Toulouse, Toulouse
England vs. Japan
- Monday, 18 September, 4:00 am
- Stade de Nice, Nice
Japan vs. Samoa
- Friday, 29 September, 4:00 am
- Stade de Toulouse, Toulouse
Japan vs. Argentina
- Sunday, 8 October, 8:00 pm
- Stade de la Beaujoire, Nantes
Read Also: How to Watch Rugby World Cup in Argentina